1 Tbsp. neutral-tasting oil (e.g., refined coconut)
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. maple syrup
2 tsp. sherry vinegar
1/2 tsp. liquid smoke
1/4 tsp. smoked sea salt
1/2 tsp. finely ground black pepper
10–15 shiitake mushrooms, sliced into thin strips
1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
1/4 cup vegan non-hydrogenated sour cream
2 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. Dijon or stone ground mustard
Zest of ½ lemon
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 container vegan bleu cheese
1 head organic iceberg lettuce, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, place the oil, I Tbsp. maple syrup, the vinegar, liquid smoke, smoked sea salt, and ¼ tsp. pepper and whisk.
- Add the mushrooms and marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with a silpat or greased parchment.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, flipping once.
- In another bowl, place the vegan mayonnaise, vegan sour cream, almond milk, 1 tsp. maple syrup, the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, sea salt, ¼ tsp. black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Whisk to incorporate.
- Crumble in the vegan bleu cheese. Whisk to combine.
- Place the lettuce wedges on salad plates. Drizzle each with the dressing and top with a few pieces of the shiitake bacon.
Makes 4 servings